Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hope Birthday Card

The theme over at CASology this week is:


 
I always hope my friends have a great birthday so I planned to make a nice card. However, when I checked my cardstock I realised I had run out of white! I know one of the CAS guidelines is plenty of white space, but unfortunately I had to go for lots of yellow space instead. I "hope" this card still counts!

 

 
This was my first time trying a two-step stamp technique, so I had to do a few test runs before I produced this one!
 
Supplies used: (All SU unless specified)
Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit and Primrose Petals Cardstock, Summer Starfruit and Primrose Petals ink pads, Summer Starfruit ribbon, Occasions Alphabet stamp set, Reason To Smile stamp set, Mini Glue Dots.
 
 


10 comments :

  1. Love this - a vibrant colour combination and the perfect sentiment for this Cue Card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the 2-step stamp technique. Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun card and great take on hope. Thank you so much for sharing this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! You did a great job with the technique and I love your bow! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'White' space can be any colour so it's all good! Love that two toned flower image. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color combination...and I love that flower image..and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect sentiment for this week's cue! Love the colors and that lovely ribbon bow! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The two tone flower is so pretty! Great CAS design, too. Thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. White is definitely overrated! :) "White" space doesn't have to be white, so this is perfect!!! I love how you've framed that beautiful bloom and the little bow is so sweet!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology for the HOPE challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, colourful card here, love the sentiment and colour choices, well done, Gay x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...