Monday, March 4, 2013

Red and Gold wedding card

I have had this card in mind to make for my friend who is getting married at the end of the month. I even featured it as one of my Pinterest Resolutions for this year. I had bought the Love and Luaghter stamp set but hadn't used it yet, so it was perfect for the Use It Tuesday challenge of Uninked Stamp- making a project with an uninked stamp, with a bonus of using gold. I played with the original card a little bit, adding a bit of colour and using a different sentiment stamp.

 

 
I stamped the sentiment and the cake onto white cardstock, and wrapped it with the red ribbon. I then added red and gold glitter hearts to the card and matted it on red cardstock, then it was all placed on the white card base. Simple and elegant for a wedding card, but with a touch of glam!
 
Supplies used:
Creative Memories: White cardstock, Loveable mini heart punch.
Stampin' Up: Riding Hood Red cardstock, Riding Hood Red Tafetta ribbon, Red Glitter Paper, gold embossing powder, Love and Laughter stamp set, Basic Black ink.

5 comments :

  1. I adore this simplicity of this card. Stunning.
    Thanks for playing along at Use It Tuesday!
    Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card. I have this image too and I'm always looking for transpiration on how to use it. Those little hearts really set it off.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Use it Tuesday this week.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. Glad you finally got around to making it! Thanks so much for linking it up with us at Use It Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the pops of gold! Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is completely gorgeous!! I think I need to do some Pinterest resolutions as well!! :) Hazel

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...