Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A defining moment

I was lucky enough to be invited to celebrate the marriage of one of my good friends on Thursday. The ceremony was beautiful, the bride was stunning, and the speeches were funny. It was my first time out with my husband since Adam was born, and so I was able to relax and enjoy myself while I knew the boys were in my mother's good hands. She even had them asleep 40 minutes ahead of schedule, yay for Nanas!

The main thing stressing me out before the wedding was finding a dress. The dress I bought for weddings before I got pregnant with my second son was slightly too loose in the shoulders on me, and so my sister decided we should go dress shopping together.

I was in Max looking at dresses and my sister pulled one out for me- it was a size 8 (US 4) and I secretly thought- can I fit in to this? I put it on and it was too big! The next size down, a size 6 (US 2) fit me perfectly. I almost cried in the changing rooms. I haven't been a size 6 since I was 15 at high school and never thought I would see this size again. All of my hard work has paid off and to see that little number staring back at me instead of a size 16 (US 12) was such a wonderful moment.

Here is the dress I wore:

I also went into Glassons on Thursday morning as they were having an Easter Egg Hunt- they had eggs hidden around the store with vouchers inside. I found one with a $10 voucher and wanted to try on a really pretty top that would be half price with my voucher, but once again it was in a size 6. And it also fitted! So of course, I bought it and had another happy moment in the changing room where I actually felt proud of myself and what I have acheived.

Now that I am fitting into smaller clothes, I still want to tone up and fix some of my jiggly bits. A fitness class I used to do called Wheelie Fit Mums is currently having a half price sale with sessions so I have signed up for ten sessions. I have no excuses as it is just around the corner from me and it is a mum and baby fitness class, so I can take Adam along with me. Lucas really enjoyed it when he was a baby and I took him along, and I can't wait to catch up with all the mums again. If you are in Christchurch and want to take advantage of the offer, simply go to the website and fill out a membership form. The sale runs until the 10th April and is for the Halswell and Hagley Park sessions.

Over the next ten weeks I hope to tone up and it will be nice to get out of the house and exercise with other women. I will be taking before and after photos and measurements, which I will be sharing with you on Friday.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...