Monday, April 22, 2013

B.M.W.B- Embracing Mess

I am the first to admit I hate having a messy house. I am constantly picking up toys, wiping down tables, vacuuming up crumbs and folding washing. However, it seems like every time I turn around, there is a new mess to contend with.

Part of my experience with motherhood is learning to embrace the mess. Lego on the floor, dirty socks on the couch and biscuit crumbs everywhere seem to appear no matter how often I ask my son to pick things up. I am slowly learning that toys are OK to leave out all day, and the world won't end if my mum turns up and I haven't vacuumed.

With Adam entering the finger foods stage, I have been loathe to give him messy food, even after the purchase of a Messy Mat. However, I had some leftover baked beans and I decided to give him a sensory experience for lunch as well as filling his tummy. I gave him two piles of baked beans and some grated cheese, and left him to explore the food. Of course, I was sitting right beside him to make sure he didn't have any issues swallowing, but it was a big step to not spoon feed him or control where the mess went.





He had a great time exploring the different textures, and some of it even ended up in his mouth!

5 comments :

  1. I had to change my entire attitude regarding mess when #2 came along. She took mess to a new level.
    Great your embracing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you - his face says it all!! Thanks for linking in too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren! New to your blog and I love love love finding other blogs where they have two boys. I'm secretly hoping (shhhh don't tell the hubs) that I have a boy again. My 2 year old, Drew, is just perfect and I LOVE being a boy-momma! Anyway, newest follower here... can't wait to look around more!

    PS – My May giveaway will be for a new blog design by my personal designer! Stay tuned if you're interested! Our Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I am so interested in a blog design giveaway, I have been tinkering but can't get my head around most things. Following you back now, you have a beautiful family!

      Delete
  4. Hi Lauren! Tx for your kind visit. Came to visit and this post called my attention. Ive been having this thought and even jot it fown on my journal, life is beautiful even with messes. I have 3, and my whole day is chaos control, lol! I am also learning to relax and embrace it. They r this little only once in life. Many blessings!!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...