Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Congratulations Heart Card

I am trying to keep up with all the card challenges I love to do, and last night was a rare occasion when I got to sit down and create. I loved the challenge over at CASE Study this month, where we had to create a card based on this design.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I loved the tie-dye look and the triangles, so wanted to explore those two elements further. Here is what I came up with.
 


The first step was to brush some white cardstock with my three selected ink colours to create some tie dye triangles. I randomly inked up the white cardstock, then punched it into squares and cut each square in half to form a triangle. I did the same square punch with pink and blue cardstock, and then formed a heart shape out of the triangles.

The banner element of the challenge is reflected in my congratulations sentiment, which I added on top of some ribbon and popped up on Foam Squares for dimension. The white cardstock is matted on pink cardstock and was then placed on the blue card base.

I hope to use this card for an engagement or wedding card soon!

Supplies used:
Stampin' Up: Whisper White cardstock, Pool Party cardstock and ink, Calypso Coral cardstock and ink, Summer Starfruit ink and ribbon, Glue Dots, Itty Bitty Banners stamp set, sponge.
Creative Memories: Foam squares, Square Punch.

1 comment :

  1. Beautiful card, love it! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...