Thursday, January 2, 2014

WIPocalypse 2014

This year, I am joining in with WIPocalypse 2014- finishing my cross-stitch Works In Progress.
This is going to be a great motivator, as I have so many cross stitches that are half finished.

As part of this project, I am sharing the list of WIPs that I would like to complete this year.
  • Noah's Ark Birth Record- this is for Lucas, who I am ashamed to say has just turned four!
  • Happi Transport Birth Record- this one is Adam's.
  • Felt gingerbread houses- two of these for next Christmas!
  • Vintage Framecraft Four Little Girls miniatures.
  • Paula Vaughan- Grandmother's House.
  • Sampler- I started this sampler when I was 11 and hope to finally finish it.

  • The schedule for WIPocalypse is really appealing, as I don't like to feel under a  huge amount of pressure but I do need a gentle reminder now and then.

    January  16- Topic: Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!
    February 14 – Topic: How many projects do you generally feel comfortable having in progress at a time?  Tell us about your one-at-a-time or rotation habits!
    March 16 – Topic:  Show us your favorite places to stitch.
    April 15 – Topic:  How do you keep your stash organized?
    May 14 – Topic:  What designs or themes do you really wish you could find?  What do you think is missing among stitching designs?
    June 13 – Topic:  Have you ever been to a stitch gathering such as a retreat or a festival? If so, tell us about it!
    July 12 – Topic:  It’s halfway to Christmas.  Do you start your holiday stitching this early?  If so, what do you hope to accomplish this year?
    August 10 – Topic:  Tell us about your oldest and newest WIPs.
    September 9 – Topic:  TBD
    October 8 – Topic:  Are you a Halloween or Christmas stitcher?
    November 6 – Topic:  TBD
    December 6 – Theme: Recap your accomplishments for the year! (Your finishes, your final before/after photos, etc).

    Feel free to come join in with us!

1 comment :

  1. I'm looking forward to the WIPocalypse too, although I haven't really thought about it as much as I should. Will be spending this afternoon planning for it. Although, there will be some months where stitching for other SALs will also double up as a WIPocalypse entry :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...