Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What's Cooking Wednesday #5

Each week, I am trying out a recipe from one of my recipe books. This recipe comes from the Best Of Annabel Langbein cookbook again, as she has some fabulous recipes.

My eldest son cracks me up- while we were trying this week's dinner he proclaimed; "it's not too bad, only a little bit bad." I took that as a compliment though as all my family had clean plates after this dinner, which was perfect after an extremely hot day.

Thai Beef Salad
adapted from The Best Of Annabel Langbein



Ingredients
4 thick beef fillet steaks (about 500g)
1 red onion, finely diced
1/2 cucumber, cut into thin strips
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
3/4 cup mint leaves (I chopped these very finely)
Dressing
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
1 teaspoon minced coriander
1 tablespoon lime juice

Grill or pan fry the beef to your liking. Cool, then cut into slices. Mix with the combined dressing ingredients then toss with the remaining salad ingredients.

I served this mixed through with some cold angel hair noodles to make it more filling, but you could serve this as is or with rice, rice noodles or over a lettuce mix.

As I mentioned above, everyone really liked this. I added the chilli sauce to only the adult portions, and it was not too overpowering.

Linking up with Wake Up Wednesdays.

Wake Up Wednesdays

4 comments :

  1. Normally I wouldn't have tried this, but the picture you have with noodles looks very good. I probably wouldn't cook it, but I sure would eat it if put in front of me, lol.

    #BB100

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious, and I just bought some fish sauce last week for a curry so clearly I am meant to make it. I think we'll use the lettuce wraps idea. Thanks for sharing this, I love trying new healthy recipes! Stopping by with BYB :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super delicious. Something that the kids would love thank you for the idea and recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this looks delicious! I really want to try this!! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...