Saturday, May 10, 2014

Love & Appreciation: Bright Like a Diamond for Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mothers out there- I don't know where I would be without the love from my two beautiful boys.



My oldest son Lucas can be so funny. Just the other day we saw some photos of a wedding, and he commented that the two people must be married. When I told him that people get married because they love each other he commented "I am going to marry you then Mum!" When I informed him that I was already married to his Dad, he thought and said "well, I will marry Charlotte (from preschool). Or if someone called Holly comes along, I will marry her!"

When I asked him what he thought love meant, he gave me a big hug. He says that "giving cuddles is happiness", and his actions always speak for themselves.



He says things that make me smile on a daily basis, and last year when I asked him these questions some of his answers were very insightful! I thought I would ask him the questions again to see how he has changed over the past year.

What is my name? Mum 
How old is Mum? 29
 What does Mum like to do?  Hug me 
What does Mum like to eat?  Potatoes 
What does Mum like to drink?  Water 
What is Mum's favourite colour? Purple
What is Mum's favourite toy?  Hmmm....what about blocks? Building blocks!
What does Mum like to wear?  A pink and purple polka-dotted dress (I do not have a dress like this!)
Mum's house is... right here. We are staying still but the earth is actually spinning around (Lucas has been learning about space, good to know he is taking it in!)
What makes Mum smile?  When I'm happy
What makes Mum sad?  When I'm sad
I love Mum because... I give her hugs and kisses
Mummy loves me because...she gives me hugs and kisses!

This post is in conjunction with Brilliant Earth- a company dedicated to socially and environmentally responsible sourcing. From beautiful packaging to exclusive jewelry designs, everything at Brilliant Earth is held to the highest standards. All of the jewelry is handcrafted in America and carefully inspected by jewelry experts. At Brilliant Earth, there is no compromise between quality and conscience.Carefully selected suppliers adhere to strict labor and environmental standards and can demonstrate a complete chain of custody for their gemstones. To reduce the demand for additional dirty gold mining, they only use recycled gold and platinum. These precious metals come from secondary sources and are re-refined to ensure that they are identical in quality to newly mined metals.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...