Friday, August 29, 2014

Life Lately

Wow, what a busy month August has been! I have had so much to do, and things are not getting any quieter. Can you believe I am having to plan Christmas already? Plus I have the Great New Zealand Craft Show this weekend, where I have a stand, and I am going to another clothes swap to bring you some more fabulous fashion finds and get rid of some of the clothes I am still hanging on to.

Lately, I have been taking pleasure in the little things.

Baking for Malcolm's 30th birthday- I made a giant lamington cake!



Reading is how I unwind every night, and currently Unlock Your Style (full review here) and lots of magazines donated by my mother are on my bedside table.



My craft table is rather messy as I am making lots of cards, demo items and scrapbook pages for the weekend. This flip stand is one of my upcoming classes for September and I love how it turned out!



I did manage to get away at the beginning of the month to a scrapbook retreat in Hanmer Springs. Even though I was working for these three days, I did have some time for wine and a massage.



I still make time to have "Family Fun Dates" with my husband and our two boys, and recently we went to the Yoghurt Story for the first time. The boys loved being able to choose their frozen yoghurt toppings, and I loved my Watermelon and Apple flavour combination!



These little things have helped me to keep grounded in light of such busy times, and I know that my family time and craft time are both so important to my wellbeing. I would love to hear what you like to do when things get hectic, as we all have our "me time" so differently!

2 comments :

  1. THAT cake! I am sure he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been so busy. Well done. I might have to make that cake, what a great idea

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...