Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What's Cooking Wednesday #21

I know I have already shared my delicous Lemon and Blueberry Muffins, but I can never get enough of muffins! They can be a wholesome snack, breakfast or part of a lunchbox, and they freeze well.

My Simply Heaven Chocolate recipe book is coming back to feature this week, with the combination of blueberry and white chocolate coming together to provide a moist and tasty muffin.

Blueberry, White Chocolate and Coconut Muffins
adapted from Simply Heaven Chocolate

1 cup self raising flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup castor sugar
1/3 cup dessicated coconut
125g white cooking chocolate, chopped
125g blueberries
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl.

Whisk together the milk, oil and eggs, and fold into the dry ingredients until just combined.

Spoon the mixture into greased muffin tins and bake at 190 degrees C for 15-18 minutes until golden and set. Stand for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cool then serve.

These can be frozen for up to three months, or will last 3-4 days in an airtight container.



The verdict: I got so many compliments on how good these muffins were, that I will be making another batch this week already! The coconut stops the muffins from being too sweet, and the white chocolate gives a gooey, caramel taste to the muffin.

1 comment :

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...