Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Bridesmaid Dress Dilemma fixed!

I remember getting married nearly seven years ago, and being on the hunt for the perfect green dress. I had a vision in my head and the colour was so hard to find. Eventually, my Mum made up some dresses in the colour I wanted, as nothing was available ready-made.

I wish I had known about the Weddington Way website, they had the perfect colour in the style I wanted. Here is how I would have styled my bridesmaid dress from Weddington Way for my garden wedding. Pearl jewelry, a romantic updo and some pink lips for the bridesmaids are a classic look.
Weddington Way Bridesmaid Set



One of the things about buying a bridesmaid dress is wondering how to wear it after the big day. Below, I have come up with some ideas on how to get more mileage out of your bridesmaid dress.

Look one is perfect  for a business event or attending a wedding as a guest. After big day, you can add a fun jacket and some barely there makeup to be glammed up. I have paired the dress with black and white, and the jacket adds a touch of interest whilst keeping with the theme. The braided headband is perfect to style your hair easily- create flowing locks or a complete up-do with this in your hair.
Weddington Way Dress up



Look two is a weekend look, perfect for a lunch out with friends or a Christmas event. I love these shoes, they are pretty and comfortable, and match in with the green and pink floral theme. I always need a big tote bag for the weekend, so this tassel natural bag is a great option that will not detract from your outfit.
Weddington Way Weekend



Here is a summery Christmas look I have put together, as I live in New Zealand where we celebrate the holidays over summer. A sleeveless dress is perfect for Christmas day, and adding red accessories gives a Christmas feel without being too over the top due to the slightly non-traditional shades used. This bracelet stops it from being too matchy and adds some detail to the look. The shoes will take you from a BBQ to the beach, and the lip gloss complements the outfit but goes on quite sheer so will not be too dark for any daytime celebrations. Apply a double coat to then add a pop of colour for any night time events,
Weddington Way Christmas Summer



The last look is Christmas inspired if you live in the Northern Hemisphere- snow and rain will cause you to wrap up warm so some tights, boots and neutral colours will help you look stylish and festive throughout the day. A nude lip and bold nail will help to draw attention to the details in the bracelet and shoes, and the tights are a perfect for providing an extra layer.Weddington Way Christmas Northern Hemisphere



I hope you have been inspired by these looks- I would love to know which one you like the best! Be sure to check out Weddington Way if you are after a bridesmaid dress or a dress for Christmas functions or any other special events you have coming up, as their dresses are extremely versatile and reasonable.

Linking up with Wardrobe Wednesday.

3 comments :

  1. Love, love, love the colour and style of that dress. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful color for a dress. That last look would be perfect for the fall!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...