Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Batman Birthday Invitations

My son's 5th birthday is coming up, and he requested a superhero party with an emphasis on Batman. I knew I wanted to keep with a black and yellow theme, and set the tone with the birthday invitations.

I cut some bat cards on the Cricut- these are a Halloween based item but worked well for the Batman theme! These were cut using the Artiste Cartridge with Black cardstock at 5.25 real dial size.



I then created an insert on Honey cardstock and printed the wording using the Batman Forever font. As a finishing touch, I stamped a row of bats on the bottom of the cardstock using Black ink and my Halloween Greetings stamp set. I have blurred out address and phone number for privacy reasons.



The card folds up as a bat- excuse fingers!



And then opens to reveal the party invitation.



Lucas was so excited to see the finished invitations, and I am really pleased with the end result. I can't wait to share some more Batman themed creations closer to the time!

Linking up with Wow me Wednesday and Show and Tell.

 Show & Tell Thursday's

6 comments :

  1. I have a circuit and I don't use it nearly enough... and, now I want a silhouette, so I can do more vinyl stuff. These turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be excited and pleased too! These are fantastic Lauren - such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way that the bat invitations fold up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you get this template? Could you send me the image please for the bat please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were made using a Cricut machine so I don't have a template as such sorry- do you have a cutting machine?

      Delete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...