Monday, November 3, 2014

Shop What You Got 2014

This November, I am linking up with Jo from ICurvy to take part in the Shop What You Got Challenge.

iCurvy World

The idea is to choose 30 pieces from your wardrobe and use these to create outfits for the whole of November. This includes shoes but excludes underwear and accessories. It also excludes rainwear, gymwear and pajamas.

I am unfortunately starting a day late as my youngest son has been very sick and I was in and out of the observation unit as well as overnight, meaning I only had the clothes I was wearing! Luckily he is back to his usual self and I can begin this challenge.

I do have three birthday celebrations and a wedding coming up in November, as well as four business events, so I kept this in mind when choosing my pieces. There is a mix of dressy, business and casual but these items can all be dressed up and down.

Here are the pieces I have picked to see me through the next thirty days. If these are current market pieces then I have included a link, but a lot of these have been in my closet for a while and I am hoping to breathe new life into them!

Dresses.


Daisy Jacquard Dress with Belt (Farmers), Striped Chiffon Sundress, (SammydressLayla Sixties Floral Mini Dress, (BoohooAshanti Fit and Flare Dress, (Cotton OnElegant Pink and Black Sleeveless Dress (Sammydress).

Jackets and long sleeved items.


Lace Front Cream Jersey (UCW), Brown Cord Jacket (Sportsgirl), Blue Crop Jacket (Glassons), Faux Leather Long Sleeved Top (Decjuba),  Black Drape Bolero (Blue Illusion).

Pants.


Rinsewash Skinny Leg Jeans (JayJays), Crop Denim Capri (Farmers), Indiana Drapey Pant (Cotton On), Limited Edition Grey Always Skinny Jeans (GAP), Basic Black Jeans (Pagani). 

Skirts and shorts.


Denim Shorts (JayJays), Beige Ruffle Skirt (Glassons), Tie Back Drop Hem Black Skirt (Max), Paisley Print Skater Skirt (Paper Scissors). 

T-shirts.


Stripe Panel T-shirt (Marks and Spencer), Navy sleeveless blouse (Paper Scissors), Striped Chiffon Blouse (Sammydress), White Layered Tunic Top with Chiffon Panels (UCW), Aqua Basic Slub Tee (Pagani), Black Basic Slub Tee (Pagani).

Shoes.


Miley Tan Sandals (Number One Shoes), Julia Blue Sandals (Number One Shoes), Black Studded Sandals (Number One Shoes), Black Sports Flats (Puma), High Heeled Ruched Shoes with Ankle Strap (Wild Pair).

Please note that these items do not include a black and white camisole, as I count them as underwear. Some of my tops are sheer so I will need to wear a camisole under these items. The maxi dress also came with a slip dress, so I count that as one item as the maxi dress by itself is also sheer.

Join me over the next month t see how I am getting on- I will be posting my week in review each Friday and linking up with ICurvy.

7 comments :

  1. This kind of reminds me of the 30x30 challenge I have done several times. I am sorry to hear your youngest son was sick, but thankful to hear he is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking part too but I have chosen only 20 items because at the end of the month I'm going to Melbourne and who knows what the weather will be like and what I will need to pack when I go down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some beautiful dresses! I am so excited to see how everyone goes with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is a great idea! A great way to reuse and enjoy what you've got in your wardrobe. Sounds like a very busy month for you but your selections look perfect. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear he's better! I wanted to do this last year but after Frocktober, I just can't face the idea of restricting my wardrobe options again!

    Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m with Kimba on this - can't face another challenge after Frocktober - good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea and a wonderful way to find new ways of wearing things you already have. Looking forward to seeing how you go. x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...