Wednesday, November 5, 2014

WCW Coconut Banana Bread

Welcome back to What;s Cooking Wednesday! It is a rainy day here today, perfect for some baking. I had three bananas sitting in my fruit bowl, and some of my favourite yogurt on hand, and so it was obvious that I should make some yummy coconut banana bread.

Coconut Banana Bread
based on recipe by Chelsea Winter
1 cup mashed very ripe banana (I used three small bananas)
1/2 cup unsweetened yoghurt ( I use DeWinkel)
150g butter, at room temperature
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp mixed spice
1 cup desiccated coconut

Preheat the oven to 170c.

Cream the butter and sugars until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.

Sift the flour into the mixer, then add the banana, mixed spice, coconut and yogurt and fold until just combined.

Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 70 minutes. Serve warm.



This bread is so moist and has a full on coconut flavour- perfect with a cup of coffee and a good book!

3 comments :

  1. Yum! I love banana bread... my husband hates bananas, tho :( so, I usually don't make it very often. This would be really good with the cup of tea I am having right now! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love banana bread, but I've never had it with coconut! A new recipe I must try! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Motivational Monday! Hope to see you again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...