Monday, January 19, 2015

A Colourful Activity

My two and a half year old son absolutely loves a book called Dog's Colorful Day by Emma Dodd.


This book is great to teach children counting and colours, and each night I read this as requested.

To reinforce counting and colours, I gave each of my boys a photocopy of Dog without his spots, and punched out different colours of spots using a circle punch and coloured cardstock to correspond with the story.

I started to read the book, and as I got to each colour the boys took turns putting the corresponding spot onto their Dog.

 Dog got progressively spottier and messier as the book went on!


At the end of Dog's adventure, I got the boys to point out each coloured spot as I read the description. Here they were pointing out the blue blob of paint.

At the end, the boys each had their own colourful Dog!

This is such a simple activity, but great to improve counting, colour recognition and gluing skills.

2 comments :

  1. Fun activity! Thanks for linking up at the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop! We hope you join us next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...