Sunday, January 4, 2015

One Bowl Cinnamon Cream Banana Bread

Due to request, I am sharing a recipe with you today instead of Wednesday. I made up a delicious bread over the weekend due to languishing ingredients in my fruit bowl and fridge, and I was very pleased with the results!

Best of all, this recipe only uses one bowl and so minimal clean up is required.

Cinnamon Cream Banana Bread
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat bran
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup cream
3 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
TOPPING:
1 banana, sliced
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix together the sugars, flours. wheat bran, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.



Add in the cream, eggs and vanilla; stir to combine.



Fold in the mashed banana, walnuts and raisins.



Place into a loaf pan and then top with sliced banana, Mix cinnamon and sugar together; sprinkle over the top.



Bake at 180 degrees C for 1 hour until golden and cooked through.



This is delicious served warm or cold, and a great way to use up those ripe bananas!



This was a great way to use up some leftover cream, and I also feel happy that my kids will eat this with no complaints even though I have snuck in some healthy alternatives to our regular banana bread.

2 comments :

  1. This looks so yummy and easy, I wish my husband loved banana bread! Also, that bread pan!! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...