Wednesday, April 27, 2016

WCW- One Pot Lamb Biryani



Sometimes you need a quick and easy dinner to feed the troops, and I have the solution! This Lamb Biryani is full of flavour with tender chunks of lamb, pops of sweetness from the raisins and a delicious warming spice. 

The onions smell delicious when you cook them- all the butter and spices make my kitchen smell amazing.



Once everything is simmering, you can leave it for twenty minutes to cook and it only uses one pan for everything so there is minimal washing up.



I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!



print recipe

One Pot Lamb Biryani
An easy one-pot meal
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • to taste salt and pepper
  • 500 grams boneless lamb, diced
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 red onion, diced
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups white rice
  • 2 cups vegetable stock
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1 cup frozen spinach
  • 1/3 cup raisins
Instructions
In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt with the cayenne, cumin, black pepper, and salt. Stir in the lamb.In a large saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add the onion and cook until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the Moroccan seasoning, cinnamon and rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.Add the lamb mixture to the pan. Stir in the stock, water, spinach and raisins. Bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until the rice and lamb are almost done, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let stand, covered, until the rice and lamb are just done, about 5 minutes.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield:

1 comment :

  1. I totally agree. I hate it so much when I have to pull a pan, a pot, a bigger pot, and a skillet to cook one meal. I cook almost nightly, and often I get lazy and reuse the same pot even if I needed a skillet to save on washing dishes. Biryani is amazing and I love lamb...it's my new fave meat!! Would love if you can link up to http://the-wardrobe-stylist.com/2016/04/24/mothers-day-rings/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...