Monday, November 7, 2016

Life Lately

Things have been pretty quiet on my blog recently, and I thought I would let you know I am still around! I have been dealing with a few health issues, which have taken their toll on my energy level, and I also have a new job so I have been doing training for that. With longer daytime hours, social events, days where I am in a lot of pain and also day-to-day planning of our family calendar, time to sit at the computer and type has been rare.

Here is a quick overview of what I have been up to- and I would love to hear what you have been doing as well!

I celebrated my birthday at the end of October, which meant a long overdue dinner date with my other half. We went to a local restaurant that has superb gluten free food, and then met up with some friends for the local quiz night.



I also spent Labour Weekend studying up for a fundraiser quiz night, which my team won! Quiz nights have become my new thing since my drama rehearsals have finished, and the bar tabs help!



Since I have a new job, my morning playgroup has finished, which I am really sad about as Adam and I loved going. He was happy with his dragon face paint on his last day, and he was very spoilt with a lovely goodbye gift and chocolate cake.



I got into the Halloween spirit with a group of friends, heading to the local pub for a dress up evening with great music, bar tabs up for grabs, and Halloween themed drinks. I went along as a Day of the Dead Senorita and enjoyed a few skeleton cocktails, as well as having a good boogie.



In the weekend we also took the the time to celebrate Guy Fawkes with a BBQ and sparklers! My boys have been very hesitant about fireworks in the past, but this year they loved making shapes in the air with sparklers and watching the fireworks when it got dark. I enjoyed sitting back and watching my kids play with the other children, and it was so nice to catch up with one of my goo friends who has also been unwell.



As you can see, I have been focusing on family and friends over the last month as the weather warms up. Having a health scare has made me realise what is important, and making memories is a huge priority for me.

My health is still not 100% and I have a few more investigations planned, but in the meantime I am looking forward to preparing for the Christmas rush, Lucas' birthday, getting comfortable with my new job, and finally sharing more blog posts!

2 comments :

  1. Hi Lauren. Sorry to hear that health has still not settled for you. Looks like you have been doing great stuff and I am really interested in what job you are doing. What is your working life? I too have been sparodic blogging, After open heart surgery I am having issues with the life long medication and will be heading into my fourth operation this year. Sigh. I know that health wise you have been through so much and are so strong. Keep plodding on, you and your family are the highest priority. Maybe we will meet at the hospital one of these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. I hope your health continues to improve!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...