Wednesday, November 23, 2016

WCW- Chicken and Corn Spaghetti



Hands up who loves frozen vegetables? I alway have a pack (or three) in my freezer so that I can quickly add vegetables to my stews, soups, casseroles and stir fries.

Today's recipe relies on standard mixed vegetables, as well as a few delicious extras to make a hearty family meal.

Gather everything together- I use chicken breasts for this recipe but feel free to use thighs if prefered. My secret ingredient is a good quality chicken and corn soup- this makes the base of this recipe a breeze!



Everything simmers together in the same pot and then you just need to add cooked spaghetti, which makes clean up minimal. Always a plus in my book!



You can even add some toppings to this spaghetti dinner- I had some grated cheese and sesame seeds lurking in my fridge and so they were piled on top.



Creamy coated spaghetti, tender cubes of chicken and the family-friendly vegetables combine to make this dinner. Perfect for all the members of my family as our version is gluten free, but you can use standard spaghetti and soup bases if you do not have those dietary requirements.



Even better, this recipe can be made in the slow cooker by placing all of the ingredients apart from the pasta into the slow cooker on high for four hours-  then cook the spaghetti and add to the crockpot for the last half hour.




print recipe

Chicken and Corn Spaghetti
Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 2 cups frozen vegetable mix
  • 400 grams chicken and corn soup
  • 1/4 cup trim milk
  • to taste salt and pepper
  • 250 gram packet spaghetti
Instructions
Heat the sesame oil in a large pan and add cubed chicken breast. Cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is mostly cooked.Add the frozen vegetables to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.Pour in the soup and milk, and season to taste. Simmer for a further 10 minutes.Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to packet directions. Stir through the chicken mixture and serve in bowls.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time:

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...